Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Meow Shout: Small Business Darla Ann of Webster, Texas

I am giving a meow show to this fellow feline Small Business cat rescuer that I have found on Etsy. 

Saint Gertrude Prayer Beads by Darla Ann


I was looking for one specific item for my feral cat Black Lightning that had passed away on June 9, 2021 on World Pet Memorial Day. I wanted to create a little tribute for her, seeing that she is my first cat to have the remains returned to me. I am the type that likes to create things I thought that should be other than said, shown how I felt something should be seen and remembered through my eyes. 

What I was looking for was something that had to do with the Patron Saint of Cats, Saint Gertrude. I've looked for maybe a good 45 minutes online and this one particular item just really appealed to me and felt that is the one item that would be a good fit for my Lightning. Not only that, if I went to a religious site they wanted about $200.00 just for that one charm/medallion. I spent maybe a good five to ten minutes making sure that the item I was going to purchase would give some comfort to me when putting together her memorial. It was a Saint Gertrude Patron Saint of Cats Prayer beads with Gertrude medal. It was the last item listed. Purchased it as a large size need it to be a specific color. Purple stands for adopted, blue in my mind is Soul, white normally stands for innocent or pure. So it was a adopted pure soul in my mind. Normally, I would purchase a handful of purple items not only to show my appreciation for that color but it also means Fibromyalgia awareness, which is what I have among other chronic medical conditions. 

As I was waiting for that item, I was also waiting for Black Lightning to come back. Which took about two weeks. Lightning came back first before the item. I finally got the item and placed it last for Lightning's memorial. When I received it the package was well cared for decorated in paw prints, cat stickers, stamped with meow and fragile. And I thought this person really cares for their products in what they create. There was a note inside saying thank you for supporting a small business and helping with what their mission was to continue providing for rescued animals. I went back and went through the business profile. And it turned out this is also another cat rescuer like myself with chronic conditions. I did a little extra research. And Miss Ann also fosters for a Non Profit Organization in Texas, which I can not mention since I know very little about them. 

I was glad to support another fellow cat rescuer, I have no idea how many she has gone through count wise. I am at 271 rescued since 2014. It's nice to know that she's created a small business to help support her effort in taking care of the fosters that are in her care and get adopted out to furever homes. I hope to connect with you sometime soon and speak with a fellow spoonie (general chronic illness warrior name, meaning you have a limited amount of energy to choose what you wish to achieve for that day). As I hope to make Cats of Texas not just a name for social media wise, but as a small business to help create a job market for future fellow cat rescuers to stay employed at home and can enjoy being a foster knowing they can provide for their fosters.

Video of Black Lightning's Memorial

The Prayer Beads are on top of her ashes. Next to her is the prayer card that came with it. I was asked by a few people who wanted me to make something for them like I have done with Black Lightning to do as a side business. I may in the future for San Antonio, Texas only or a couple of surrounding areas depending on what is being asked. I love creating pet memorials, I have done other shadow boxes but not as big as I did for Lightning since she was actually my first for ashes. The others were just a clipping of the fur in shadow boxes a little bigger than in my video. You will see both the small shadow box and the memorial display case.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment